- Hits: 6616
The Pivot Database is a searchable funding opportunities database.
It is available to all UMC members for free.
Quick search (from a computer within the IP-range of the UMC)
How to create an email alert with specific keywords:
For efficient use of the Pivot Database, we advise you to create an automatic email alert based on carefully chosen keywords. This will only take a few minutes of your time and by doing so, you will automatically receive an email once a week containing all new funding opportunities in your research area.
How to proceed:
- Go to pivot.cos.com/session/login and create an account if you have not already done so. You must do this using your VUB or UZ Brussel email account.
- Via “Funding”, go to “Advanced Search”. You will notice that institutional filters for Activity Location and Citizenship have been installed to avoid retrieving funding opportunities for which the UMC is not eligible. You are free to change these filters if you wish.
- Scroll down to “Find Opportunities matching – Keyword” and type in a term on which to search, or use the browse option to select keywords from a list. Take some time to carefully choose your keywords. By ticking the “Explode” box, all keyword subdivisions and the keyword hierarchy will be shown to help you with this. For example, by typing cardio, you will be able to choose Cardiology, Cardiovascular Surgery, Cardiovascular Diseases and more. Also consider alternative keywords, for example “tumors” or “tumor immunology” if you have already chosen “oncology”. You may select as many keywords as you like.
- Click on “Search” and you will find all opportunities matching your keywords.
- To create an automatic email alert, click on “Save Search”, choose a name for your search and tick the box “Would you like to receive a weekly email containing new or updated opps from this query?”.
- Click “Save”
Questions? Suggestions? Feedback? Please contact Aude Bonehill – email@example.com - 5550
Terug naar boven
Biomedische Wetenschappen . Vrije Universiteit Brussel . Faculteit Geneeskunde & Farmacie